Thursday, June 5, 2008

Lasting Impressions

I feel I must share with all of you, my friends and loved ones, the current events of my life as of late. There are times in ones life that either a person or even a moment might happen that make a lasting impression. Most of you know that I have a new job. I have not had the chance to catch many of you up on all the particulars, so I hope this all comes together. I was hired on 7 weeks ago by a local State Farm agent here in Clovis, whom I love working for. One reason I was hired on was to replace one of their full-time employees, Tracy, who was planning on adopting a little boy and going to part-time. I only worked with Tracy for a week and a half before she left for China to bring home the new little addition to her family. Tracy was in China for 2 weeks and made it home safely, but when she arrived home after a week she started feeling poorly. Tracy went to the doctor thinking she had picked up some bug while overseas, but that wasn't the case. Tracy was diagnosed with acute leukemia 3 weeks ago. Tracy went in for chemotherapy last week, but unfortunately it wasn't enough. Tracy passed away this past Sunday morning. Tracy was in her late 30's and leaves behind her 9 year old son Jake and her husband Scott, and not to mention Joey the new little boy they had just adopted. Her funeral was yesterday, and it just makes me think of how fragile life is and in a moment it can be gone. I am not telling all of this to you to make you sad, but to share with you how precious I think you all are. Tell the people in your life whom you love that you love them every chance you get. If you want you can read more about Tracy on Alyssa's blog page her link is under my friends. Alyssa is my co-worker and friend. She knew Tracy for over 5 years.
I am so very thankful for the gifts in my life and the opportunity to be close to my Sister and new little nephew everyday. It also makes you think about how trivial things can really be. Yesterday I walked out to my car at the end of my class (I am currently enrolled and finishing up my course to get my certificate, so that I can take the state test and get licensed to sell insurance in CA.) and I noticed a big dent along the whole drivers side of my car. For a moment I just felt defeated. Not only did I have to miss Tracy's funeral because of my course requirements, but this as well. Thankfully the woman who hit my car was good enough to leave her information on my windshield. But when weighed out to all the other things going on in the world and to other people whom I love and care for it really doesn't seem to matter.
Our homes, cars and other special things are just that things and objects. For the most part they can be replaced. My parents know that first hand having to rebuild after the fires last year. You can never go back, so please don't have regrets and let trivial things keep you apart from people or family that you love. The past is the past, my resolution is to go forward from now on with no regrets and to try and make the most out of life.
To you all I wish you the best and send you my love.
Your Friend, Nicole

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Nicole that was very nice. I am so glad you got to meet and know Tracy! Hopefully we can be as amazing as she was and is. So quiet... and so powerful!

I am so glad you have a sense of humor about the car! It's really the only thing to do!

We are glad you are here and looking forward to you being with us a long time!

Hope you had a good day at class! Only one more half day! YEAH!

Brigette said...

Nic, Sorry to hear about your friend. You are right life is extremely precious. And sometimes it takes moments like you have been having to stop and re-evaluate what is most important. Like I have said before and will alway say, I am very blessed in my life and hope to take nothing for granted, especially my friends. It is great to hear you are enjoying your new job, it makes all the difference in the world when you like the people you work with. Love you!

Jenny said...

Aww, that was a sweet and touching post. I am so sorry to hear about Tracy. She sounds like an amazing woman.
I am glad that you are enjoying your life to the fullest right now, as we don't know what will come next. You are an amazing person and have soo much to offer!! I am glad you have settled in and are making yourself home there in Clovis. You will always have a home here too!!
I am sorry to hear about your car, but thankful the person left their info. Your car will be good as new in no time!
Love ya!